1. Before you start using remote queue in Siglos you need to open an account at connectkaraoke.com. It is a website that serves as an intermediary between Siglos running on your laptop and your customers. You will need to provide the email address and a unique name for your show. To provide you with this service we need to charge a monthly fee for it.
On your account page at Connect Karaoke you will find an API key that you will need to connect Siglos to the server. You can also choose if customers need to enter code before accessing your show (you may change the code each nigth so only people attending know it and you will not get bogus requests by jokers).
2. To enable the remote interface in Siglos open Remote Queue window using Remote Queue button in Rotation window (),open Settings and go to Internet card. Enter the API key in the appropriate field. connectkaraoke.com should be selected as web server to use. Click Test connection button to see if everything works.
3. Now you have two ways to provide customers with access to your show. You may:
A. Give customers your show name and (optional) access code and ask them to enter connectkaraoke.com on their devices
B.Use Direct URL to have customers enter directly to your show. You may either put the link on your website or you can use QR code generated in Siglos.for the customers to scan on their phones for fast access. Sample QR code looks like this:
3. When customers go to the address provided by you, they will be presented with the starting page. You can control how this page looks in Remote Queue Settings.
The login icon in top right corner is displayed only if cookies are enabled.
4. Customers have your song book at their fingertips. They can browse, search, and add requests by touching the songs on the list.
Please note that in Browse by artist mode multiple songs by the same artist are combined.
5. When a user selects the song, Siglos displays a form that allows to add the request.
The user is required to choose a secret numeric code that is used as password and prevents other users from adding (and removing) songs on her/his behalf.
When adding song it is possible to request a key change. Remarks field allows to provide the KJ with more information if needed.
6. Requests added by the users are placed in the Remote Queue (unless Auto Add is enabled, see more info here)
Double-clicking on the request adds it to the rotation. You may also choose to open the song and singer in Add Singer using button or a right-click menu item. You may display singer information using Edit Singer button. It allows to match singer from the request to one in your database (see more in Matching singers).
Now you are ready to run your show. Please see below topics for more detailed information on how to adjust remote request functionality to your needs.