Two new ideas

Share your ideas of the new features you would like to see

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Apuliina

Two new ideas

Post by Apuliina »

Hi,

I'd suggest the following new features to Power Video Karaoke. Kindly let me know if the things listed below can be done in an alternative way with current functionality! :)

- Define when the music starts to play. Now it starts immediately as the Title screen is displayed. This feature would be needed for songs with a relatively short intro part.

- Display blank screen instead of keeping the next rows visible during instrumental parts (in the beginning of the song as well as in the middle). Perhaps this could be implemented by introducing a new Event?

Thanks!
Apuliina
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

Define when the music starts to play. Now it starts immediately as the Title screen is displayed. This feature would be needed for songs with a relatively short intro part.
This is a good idea. PowerKaraoke (CD+G software) has this option, we might add this to Video Karaoke as well.
Display blank screen instead of keeping the next rows visible during instrumental parts (in the beginning of the song as well as in the middle). Perhaps this could be implemented by introducing a new Event?
You could insert a 'Clear screen' event before the instrumental, then create an empty word using _ (underline) or write 'Instrumental". You may also display an image. Syncronize this word to last as long as the instrumental part takes and then add another 'Clear screen' before the lyrics.
Apuliina

Post by Apuliina »

Hi,

that was a quick reply! I'm really looking forward to seeing the music start delay functionality in a future release (soon? :wink: )

Thanks for the tip regarding the clear screen event, too!

Regards,
Apuliina
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

I'm really looking forward to seeing the music start delay functionality in a future release (soon? )
It depends what you mean by soon :) We have some things to finish first -- right now we are working on right-to-left languages support and adding MPEG output.
Apuliina

Post by Apuliina »

Honestly, implementing mpeg support sounds important enough to have higher priority than my request. I'm preparing my first karaoke dvd and would like to have the soundtrack start delay functionality there, but as I'm still creating / working on the soundtracks, I'm not desperate yet :wink:

By the way, do you have a list of new functionality in release 2.0?
Nguyen Nam Hai

Your request can be solved at this stage

Post by Nguyen Nam Hai »

Hi Apuliina,

2 features you mentioned are not new with the latest vesion of PVK so don't have to wait for the 2.0 to come.

- If you want a title at the begining, all you need is just add some seconds of silent (depending on how long you want your title appear) in your music.

- Admin did show you how to turn off lyric during instrument part