1.2.102 not keeping external HD active

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

1hotjob

1.2.102 not keeping external HD active

Post by 1hotjob »

I don't know if others are experiencing this. I use a laptop with an external USB powered hard drive. I had a show tonight and immediately heard a hissing sound. I started the show and the graphics froze on the first song. The graphics started before the music. When the music caught up, all was well. In between songs, I would get a POP through the speakers after the song and when starting the next song. I changed out cables, etc. but nothing fixed. it. Then I played two songs with no pause and there wasn't a pop between songs. I started my audio player and had a song looping with the audio turned all the way down. After that, there wasn't a POP on the speakers in between songs with the karaoke player.

So, I surmised that the karaoke player isn't keeping the external hard drive connected somehow. This is a bug since version 1.2.100, because it never happened before. No hissing or popping. Please try to fix this as soon as possible. I have shows every Thursday night and don't want to have to play music with my audio program to keep this from popping the speakers in between songs.
adam

Post by adam »

I do not think the problem is Siglos related. Do you have any other program opened when using Siglos? Please do the test with files located on the fixed drive, and let me know the result.
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

I ran the new version of the program all weekend and the only issue I had was the volume level slide came on at 18% when I first started the program. After make the adjustments I ran the program all weekend without any other issues. Even after shuting down and restarting it was just where it should be, where i shut it down at. So far all is good! So I must agree with Adam.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Same here. I'm not experiencing any of the problems that you are encountering 1hotjob. But as Adam mentioned, it does sound like it is something external and not the Karaoke Pro that is causing this problem.
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

my external is working correctly as well, no issues here.
1hotjob

Post by 1hotjob »

I set everything up yesterday and tried to see if it would still pop between songs. It did. I uninstalled and re-downloaded a new copy of the program. Still popped.

I swapped my 1/8" to XLR cable with a new one. Still popped. Finally I changed to a 1/8" to 1/4" cable and the popping went away.

I am going to buy two new 1/8" to XLR cables today to see if they work with the program. I prefer XLR due to the better sound. I have never had problems with the XLR cables before. They work great with my audio program I DJ with. I don't know why these wouldn't work with the karaoke program.