Siglos Pro Crashes when it encounters a problem file

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

daddybrubeck

Siglos Pro Crashes when it encounters a problem file

Post by daddybrubeck »

I notice that every time Siglos Pro encounters a problem file, eg a corrupted filer or a file not in the folder where it should be it simply crashes.

This week I moved a folderful of zipped files into a temporary folder, I then placed some new zipped files into the empty folder and I uploaded them to Siglos, so far no problem.

I completeley forgot to put back the files I had placed into the temporary folder back into the folder I had moved them from. What happened then is when I tried to play one of these tracks it wasn't where it should be and when Siglos encountered this situation is just crashed. This happened a lot that night, It was only toward the end of the night I realised what the problem was and quickly rectified it.

A friend of mine was at my gig and he informs me that the software he uses shows the file as greyed out indicating that there is a problem with it, the only thing that happens with Siglos in this scenario is that it crashes, and that's usually when you have the singer standing there with mike in hand ready to sing and you have no idea at first what the problem is, and of course you've got to re-launch Siglos as well. The same thing happens when it comes acrooss a file that is corrupted in someway.

Can this issue be rectified?

Thanks.

Eddie.
KrazyKaraoke

Re: Siglos Pro Crashes when it encounters a problem file

Post by KrazyKaraoke »

daddybrubeck wrote:I notice that every time Siglos Pro encounters a problem file, eg a corrupted filer or a file not in the folder where it should be it simply crashes.

This week I moved a folderful of zipped files into a temporary folder, I then placed some new zipped files into the empty folder and I uploaded them to Siglos, so far no problem.

I completeley forgot to put back the files I had placed into the temporary folder back into the folder I had moved them from. What happened then is when I tried to play one of these tracks it wasn't where it should be and when Siglos encountered this situation is just crashed. This happened a lot that night, It was only toward the end of the night I realised what the problem was and quickly rectified it.

A friend of mine was at my gig and he informs me that the software he uses shows the file as greyed out indicating that there is a problem with it, the only thing that happens with Siglos in this scenario is that it crashes, and that's usually when you have the singer standing there with mike in hand ready to sing and you have no idea at first what the problem is, and of course you've got to re-launch Siglos as well. The same thing happens when it comes acrooss a file that is corrupted in someway.

Can this issue be rectified?

Thanks.

Eddie.
Wow your explaining almost all the same issues I was having last week, and it was terrible, I was in a packed bar and like you said someone was up singing and boom! And the worst part was that the whole crowd was into this singer and did I get the boos..I was told that the problem may be resolved and was told to update the program to the new version, which I have done and will be trying it out tonight> I have my fingers crossed because I really like the program. When ive encountered issues is when searching the drive to add a new song, its as if the program is chewing through so much data that its too much and just shuts down..I will be sure to let you know how the new version goes..
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, this may be a problem, but it really depends on the file. In most cases the corrupted song will simply be skipped. If you could email us the file that is causing the crash we may add extra precautions to the code.
KrazyKaraoke

Post by KrazyKaraoke »

admin wrote:Yes, this may be a problem, but it really depends on the file. In most cases the corrupted song will simply be skipped. If you could email us the file that is causing the crash we may add extra precautions to the code.
Wow just when everything was going well last night, I go to play a file and the program just kept like searching and the file would not play, a prompt came up that said the program is not responding, asked to wait or shut down, it was taking to long so i had to shut down. I now have to keep A ipod set up in another input on my mixer just in case all goes silent. I will be locating that file and will forward it to you ASAP
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

I'm not sure if this is the same problem, but every so often when I'm using the karaoke pro I receive a error message saying that karaoke pro has encountered a problem and need to close. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I can't recreate this problem because it seem to happen sporadically.
KrazyKaraoke

Post by KrazyKaraoke »

hornet59 wrote:I'm not sure if this is the same problem, but every so often when I'm using the karaoke pro I receive a error message saying that karaoke pro has encountered a problem and need to close. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I can't recreate this problem because it seem to happen sporadically.
Does sound exactly like what I was encountering, I updated to the newest updated version and have only used it once this past Saturday and I did not encounter it that night, but I did start a song and it would not start but continued to try to play the file so long that I had to shut the program down cause it was taking to long to respond. I am sending that file to Admin so they can look at it. Im hoping everything works well I really like this program..
daddybrubeck

Post by daddybrubeck »

Hi Admin.

Regrettably I do not have a corrupted file to send you as I delete and then rip them again from the disc when I come across one.

But as I stated in my first posting what happened last week was the files had been moved to a temporary folder and I forgot to move them back to the folder they live in and so Siglos Pro repeatedly crashed each time it attempted to play/find one of these "moved" files, I am sure you can simulate that.

Regards.

Eddie.
Dana48457

upset singers

Post by Dana48457 »

I have had this same thing happen a number of times luckly when I restart power karaoke it comes back up and doesn't lose all the singers I have in que. but I do lose the fill in list. I would love to see it where if a song is a bad file or even misname and is not the song a singer wants to sing that I could just drag and drop a song from the song data list into the player for the current singer and not have to have them come back up after entering a new song for them and them make them the next singer. this would make my life easyer and the singers much happer.
KrazyKaraoke

Post by KrazyKaraoke »

admin wrote:Yes, this may be a problem, but it really depends on the file. In most cases the corrupted song will simply be skipped. If you could email us the file that is causing the crash we may add extra precautions to the code.
I did email the file too Adam that was causing the issue, please let me know if you find out anything.
KrazyKaraoke

Re: upset singers

Post by KrazyKaraoke »

Dana48457 wrote:I have had this same thing happen a number of times luckly when I restart power karaoke it comes back up and doesn't lose all the singers I have in que. but I do lose the fill in list. I would love to see it where if a song is a bad file or even misname and is not the song a singer wants to sing that I could just drag and drop a song from the song data list into the player for the current singer and not have to have them come back up after entering a new song for them and them make them the next singer. this would make my life easyer and the singers much happer.
What i have done when this occurs is "real quick" add new song for singer, make that singer next and change the new file as the next song and deleat the old song..It really is a mess but the problem I have is that Im normally using one or two external monitors and then when this happens I have to move the screen from my lap-top back to the moniters because that also resets. Its hard for me because I cant let someone work for me using the program because if you come accross this and not no how to handle it, it could be real bad. Ive sent a file to Admin and maybe they can figure it out..
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

When this problem happens to me, it's not during a particular song. It just randomly occurs. I'm hoping that the support team at PowerKaraoke is working on this problem. This is not a easy problem to reproduce. Sometime Karaoke Pro plays without a problem all night.
KrazyKaraoke

Post by KrazyKaraoke »

hornet59 wrote:When this problem happens to me, it's not during a particular song. It just randomly occurs. I'm hoping that the support team at PowerKaraoke is working on this problem. This is not a easy problem to reproduce. Sometime Karaoke Pro plays without a problem all night.
I know what your saying as far as one of the issues go, the random thing was happening to , and I downloaded the newest version and used it twice and it has not happened yet, but I encountered a new issue which is also described above, and it happened with a certain file. I sent that file to Admin, they were able to recreate the issue and are working on it..
daddybrubeck

Post by daddybrubeck »

Thanks to all who have posted on this thread, it is obvious that there is an issue here inasmuch that Siglos Pro dosen't like missing and/or corrupted files and so crashes, which is very frustrating as it mostly happens when you've got your singer standing there with mic in hand all ready to go, you hit the appropriate button to get the thing going and ****!!!! - it crashes, embarassing and a pain in the you know what.

Hopefully the boffins who work on Siglos Pro can quickly sort it out and stop it from crashing at least.

Eddie.
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

Try version 1.2.70 -- it should behave better for corrupted files. If not please email us the file that is causing the crash.
daddybrubeck

Post by daddybrubeck »

I'm downloading 1.2.70. as I type this. I'll let you all know.

Eddie.