Siglos Pro dissapearing singers + histories

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

[email protected]

Siglos Pro dissapearing singers + histories

Post by [email protected] »

today I opened Siglos Pro, only to find that my database was empty. I had to reimport all 26,000 plus tracks, even though Siglos had the correct default folder already registered. To make matters worse, all of my singer names and histories have dissappeared. This is a huge probelm as many regulars want you to simply select something from their history, which I no longer have. Is there any way to restore the singer histories?
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

The only way you can restore the singer's history is if you've backed up the Siglos.db file. This file would also have the song database in it too
[email protected]

another issue

ok now another issue has developed. Songs that played before, now no longer play in Siglos. I can navigate to the mp3+g in windows explorer and play the file in Siglos, but the file will not play from the database. I only get a backround screen. The play progress bar progresses, but there is no sound or graphics. This only occurs on some tracks (about half). I have tried deleting the database and reimporting it but that didn't help. Is it time for a reinstall?
adam

Post by adam »

Please try using Validate songs button in the Song database dialog box to correct the location of the files.
[email protected]

adam wrote:Please try using Validate songs button in the Song database dialog box to correct the location of the files.
tried that, doesn't work
adam

Post by adam »

What kind of problem did you experience when using Validate songs? Do you have your songs on the external hard drive?
[email protected]

adam wrote:What kind of problem did you experience when using Validate songs? Do you have your songs on the external hard drive?
Siglo reported no invalid songs. The database is lodged on a 500 Gig insternal sata drive on Windows XP pro. Never had any problems up until now What's strange is that Siglos acts like it's playing a track (the play progress bar moves across the player screen, but all that is displayed is the backround screens, and no sound)
[email protected]

update

found some corrupted mp3's. I guess the validate function doesnt find these
adam

Post by adam »

The validate function just confirms the file location, it does not test the file content.
fragumon

Post by fragumon »

adam wrote:The validate function just confirms the file location, it does not test the file content.
What about testing to see if each CDG has a corresponding MP3 and vice versa? A CDG can't be "valid" without an MP3.

Also how does the new database backup work? I dont see a control anywhere for that.
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

Validation looks for CDG file only (this is what is stored in the database), it does not check if corresponging MP3 file is present. This is something we probably should add to the software.

Database backup is performed automatically once a week -- a file called siglos_backup_date_of_backup.zip file is created in My Documents/My Karaoke.

Post by Guest »

admin wrote:Validation looks for CDG file only (this is what is stored in the database), it does not check if corresponging MP3 file is present. This is something we probably should add to the software.

Database backup is performed automatically once a week -- a file called siglos_backup_date_of_backup.zip file is created in My Documents/My Karaoke.
I think that would be a VERY useful utility!