missing words

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

lmcgrath1

missing words

Post by lmcgrath1 »

I first want to say that I love your program. And that my karaoke player loves it as well. (It didn't like Darts)
My only problem is this:
I have about 5-6 songs that for some reason keep missing some of the words.
At least 4 words per song.
It is different artists too, like Allan Jackson, Garth Brooks and now Roy Orbison. It doesn't do it on all their songs but it has done it on some of them.
My question is why. They turn out great except that they are missing these words.
This does not create a problem with me singing the songs as I know all of them but when I have friends over and they have to actually read the words then it confuses them when they are missing.
Can you help me out here?
I have not registered as of yet but I don't think that is the problem as it is only a few songs that this happens with.
I have read quite a few forums re: karaoke and have not seen this problem mentioned in any of them.
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

Let me understand this correctly -- the words are there in the lyrics editor, they are synchronized, but do not show in the song?

Can you send me the PKD file that is causing the problems at [email protected]? It would help me to check what might be wrong. A screenshot or a CDG file also would help.

Krzysztof
lmcgrath1

Post by lmcgrath1 »

I do everything right its just that some of the songs come out with words missing in them and I was wondering why.
I import all the lyrics from text document and time they all with the music very easily but a few songs have come out with the words missing in them.
I have redone them over and over but with the same results.
They still make a bin file which burns fine when making a karaoke disk and play fine in my player but for some reason this sometimes happens.
I only have bin files as it is the evaluation one so I can't save any of my files except in bin format and they are rather large in size.
was just wondering if you had heard of this happening to any one else or if I was the first.
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

You are the first (and only so far) to report this problem.

And I have no idea what might be causing it.
lmcgrath1

Post by lmcgrath1 »

well I always wanted to be the first in something but didn't expect it to be this.
I tried to mail you one of my bin files but it took 15 minutes to try to send it and then it didn't send out after all. said the file was too big so I don't know how to get one to you unless you can come up with a way.
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

If you are using the 14-day evaluation version, you should be able to save PKD file. If not, please try to generate CDG file and make a screenshot of the PowerKaraoke window with the lyrics that cause the problems. You may ZIP the CDG file so it will be smaller.

Krzysztof
lmcgrath1

Post by lmcgrath1 »

ok I sent the pkd file to you now.
I remade the song over just so I could send it to you.
Let me know what you find.
:)
lmcgrath1

Post by lmcgrath1 »

thank you very much Krzysztof.
The info you mailed to me did the trick.
I replaced all the apostrophes with the ones from my keyboard and redid the song over and every word showed up just like it was suppose to.

My deepest thanks go to you.
:D