Picture display time

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Chandler

Picture display time

Post by Chandler »

It takes a long time to display a picture. Are there any tricks to make the pic display faster? Size? Quality? Thanks for any help you can give me.

I am a new user and when I bring in one of my "custom" songs the folks are usually shocked that this can be done. Its nice to know I can now 'karaokify' my own songs I have written and recorded.
Thanks for your product.
Daniel
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

You may try modifying your images so they display faster, but unfortunately, due to CD+G format limitations, it will not be as fast as you would probably wished. My hints are:

1. Prepare your pictures in 16 colors -- this will eliminate color reduction and will give you more control on the result. Make sure that the files are saved as 4-bit BMP files.
2. Have your pictures resized (288x192 pixels max), so they are not modified by the resizing functions.
3. Use large color areas -- CD+G images are displayed in 'bricks' of 6x12 pixels. If there is only one color in the brick it takes 3 times faster than if there was 4 or more colors. Disable dithering in resizing.
4. Try experimenting with display modes -- this will not affect the display speed, but may make the display process more pleasant for the viewer.

Please post if you have any more questions.