powerkaraoke cd+g to avi

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

djarexx

powerkaraoke cd+g to avi

Post by djarexx »

Just bought the full version of this tool... but I was wondering it converts cd+g to avi , but why does the tool also select the music ??? when converting cd+g to avi you can't hear the music !!!

I also would like to know what compression is the best (quality and disksize)
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

As we have received several reports that sometimes there is no audio in the resulting AVI, we did changes to the code and the new version 1.0.4 is available to download. We have been unable to reproduce the problems, but hopefully this release should help the users that reported this.

And about the compression -- if you are going to convert AVI to MPG using TMPGEnc, the quality of the resulting VideoCD depends on both AVI and MPEG compression.

For AVI we suggest using either DivX or simple Microsoft Video I. The latter, though it is simple, does quite a good job and does not degrade the picture too much. And, after all, you will delete AVI file, so the compression ratio is not that important.
djrizq

Post by djrizq »

:evil:

i cant even opened an avi files produced by Power CDG in my windows media player it gave me a new window error pop out ( where u can send dont send the problems)

i convert the cdg to avi with Powercdg i used Full Frames, divx, and Microsoft video 1 codecs none of them works for me

Is it possible because i dont have a directX 9.0 installed in my pc? ( as far as i know directX only deals with the mp3 as youll mention in the pop up box when u first opened Power CDG)
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I must admit this is the first bug report of the kind... Can you possibly send me AVI file (if it is short enough) so I could take a look at it? Have you not had any problems with movies playback?