Making Duets?

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Matthy

Making Duets?

Post by Matthy »

In some duets the two voices have different text at the same time. Is it possible to create such files with PowerKaraoke?
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

I am sorry but it is not possible in the current version.

Post by Guest »

Will it be possible in future versions? I'm working @ a karaoke-bar and we realy need that kind of features.
fortemac2

Post by fortemac2 »

You can do it if you own a video editing program, but I'm not sure you could if you're wanting only CD+G. If you own Power Video Karaoke, just make 2 different files, one with a single voicing and one with a duet style voicing. Do not capture the music file with either of the files. Go to the video editor and splice the 2 files together. Add the music. You may have to tinker with the video to get the timing with the music, but it's not that hard to do. Again, I don't know how to create CD+G, but at least you could get it accomplished with DVD or VCD.
Cyndy
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

Cyndy, thanks for the tip!

We have some ideas on how to implement duets in CD+G, but I cannot promise any date.
Matthy

Post by Matthy »

Hi. We still want powerkaraoke but we really need that feature. Is there anything new. If we bye the current version, will we be able to make a free update to the "duet-version"?
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

Matthy,

As I wrote before -- I cannot give you any date when full-featured duets will be ready. Also I think it will be PowerKaraoke 2.0 and it may be a non-free upgrade for current users. I would suggest you to subscribe to our mailing list -- when the software is released you will be informed.