How can I make Karaoke in Japanese?

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

How can I make Karaoke in Japanese?

Post by Guest »

Dear PK team,

I tried to import the Japanese Lyric in Unicode (you can copy from curtain webpage in Japanese) and set the Lyric Editor Font and Active codepage to All related to Japanese but it cannot displayed correcly in Japanese.
Could you help me to solve this problem?
I'm using the Power Video Karaoke 1.2.20
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

Are you able to view the lyrics properly in lyrics editor? If the characters display properly in the lyrics editor you should have no problems to show them in the video. To do this use Video Settings command from Master menu (Ctrl+F2 keyboard shortcut or a button on a tollbar). Please remember that you have to load a soundtrack for this command to be available. Then use [...] button right to the font description and select the desired font and a codepage.

Also what operating system are you using? If you are still having problems please send me the text file with the lyrics you are trying to use and I will take a look at it.

Post by Guest »

My system is Windows XP English.
The lyric doesn't display correctly in the Editor area dispites I chang the Font and Code page.
Could you recommend the tip or trick to solve this problem?
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

Could you send me text file with the lyrics you are trying to import? The email is below. It should help me identify the problem.
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

Thank you for the file. The solution is very simple -- you need to select Unicode during file import. The Japanese lyrics should be available at once. If they are still not there, please change font using Tools/Preferences and then the font in the output video using Video Settings button. The latter process is shown in the series of images attached.

Post by Guest »

Many Thanks!

It's a great work!