Power CD+G Filter and Windows Media Player 10 Play Lists

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Del

Power CD+G Filter and Windows Media Player 10 Play Lists

Post by Del »

I just installed the filter and can play CD+G files with WMP 10 by double-clicking the file from its source directory. I cannot add CD+G files to playlists. WMP does not recognize the file type. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

Are you able to open the file using Open from File menu?
Del

WMP 10 Playlists

Post by Del »

Yes, this will play the CDG file, however I am still would like to use playlists. Thanks.
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

I will check this issue today -- Windows Media Player 9 works properly.
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

I have installed WMPlayer 10 and the playlist works properly -- have you tried reinstalling CD+G Filter?
Boe

I have the same problem with Windows Media Player 10

Post by Boe »

I cannot add the cdg file to my library.

When I do File, Add to Library, Add File or Playlist, Choose Files of Type "Any File (*.*)" and select the cdg file, I get the error that says "Windows Media Player cannot add the file to the library because the file format is not supported."

The file will play if I double click it, but I do get a warning first that says the file format is not supported.
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

Try opening the file using File/Open. When WMP complains and asks if you really would like to open the file answer Yes. This should solve the problems. If not, please let me know what OS are you using.
Boe

Post by Boe »

Yes, File Open works, just like double clicking the file. However, that is not the problem. The problem is that I cannot add it to the Library. I can only add it to a playlist. If I could add it to the Library, then I could access it by artitst name, song name, etc.
Boe

OS

Post by Boe »

FWIW, I'm running XP Professional, SP2
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

I have XP SP2 and have no problems... How are you trying to add files to the playlist? Have you tried draging and dropping them on the playlist area?
Boe

Post by Boe »

Steps

1. Open "File" menu
2. Select "Add to Library >"
3. Select "Add File or Playlist..."
4. Set "Choose Files of Type:" to "Any File (*.*)"
5. Select a cdg or bin file.
6. Press "Open"
7. You will ge the error: "Windows Media Player cannot add the file to the library because the file format is not supported."

I want to add the file to the library, not to a play list. This will allow me to edit information about the song, such as name and artist. Then I can easily add it to whatever play list I would like. I'm not sure if it will show up in the "All Music" section or the "All Video" section. I guess I have a preference for it in the "All Music" section, although I would probably prefer and "All Karaoke" section.
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

OK, I see what you mean. I am afraid this will not work -- at the moment you can use karaoke files only in playlists.

I have added this feature to the list of things to do, so I hope it will be available in one of the future versions.
Boe

Post by Boe »

Understood. Thank you so much for your timely responses. This would be a great feature.