CD+G burner not ripping a particular disc

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

wsev1955

CD+G burner not ripping a particular disc

Post by wsev1955 »

I have been using Power karaoke CD+G burner for several years. Now a licensed copy of CD+G burner 2.
I have been able to rip several brands of CD+G discs. It usually rips them very quickly.
I have one particular Sound Choice disc that takes over 8 hours to rip and when it does the files are no good, no graphic or sound in the mp3 file. what settings are the optimal ones to use. I don't know what to try next..
adam

Re: CD+G burner not ripping a particular disc

Post by adam »

In such case there is not much that can be done. The discs is probably copy-protected or damaged. You may try to rip it using a different CD/DVD drive, if you have one.
wsev1955

Post by wsev1955 »

re: In such case there is not much that can be done. The discs is probably copy-protected or damaged. You may try to rip it using a different CD/DVD drive, if you have one.
I have tried several different drives, the disc will play in a CD+G player I ripped the disc several years ago (2008) when I was first ripping my discs, then I lost the files on that hard drive, and I've been re-ripping them. It was a little slower to read then the other discs back then, but it did rip successfully.
Now I can't that disc to rip or copy with CD+G burner 2. The disc doesn't look damaged, what could the problem be?
B-Side

Post by B-Side »

Wondering if it's an SC disc you're having an issue with as they have certain discs with copy protection on them that a lot of software/hardware combos can't get past. I had to use a cdg player that rips to usb for those pesky discs.
wsev1955

Post by wsev1955 »

RE: Wondering if it's an SC disc you're having an issue with as they have certain discs with copy protection on them that a lot of software/hardware combos can't get past. I had to use a cdg player that rips to usb for those pesky discs.

Yes It is a Sound Choice it's the Power Pick's 3000 series, I have been ripping several of them no problem but this one disc SC3273 will not rip every time I try. I have given up at this point and just look to other brands to replace the tracks.. The thing is there is one track on there... In The End by Linkin Park.. that is the best DUET version I the song I have ever seen... none of the other brands have the separation of the two vocal parts like that one does.
B-Side

Post by B-Side »

You may want to check if it has the Mediacloq logo on the bottom right near the disc number. That is the best version of that track too. Do you have any friends or colleagues that might have that track on a different disc that you could rip and rename to match the 3273 disc number? Usually the Power Picks series are split into 2 discs vs the Spotlight series release. I know the 8720 disc I have gave me problems too, so I would assume that's the same issue you're running into as they would have been pressed around the same time. I wish you luck getting yours ripped.