Cross Fade

Share your ideas of the new features you would like to see

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

hornet59

Cross Fade

Post by hornet59 »

Happy Holidays Power Karaoke

Is it possible to have a cross fade feature in the fill-in settings for SKP? Instead of a fade out/fade in I think a cross fade would enhance the fill in playlist. Oh and also add how long (in seconds) that the cross fade will begin. Just like the fade in/fade out, add the ability to select how soon at the end of a song will the cross fade begin for the next song. For example, four seconds before the song ends, the cross fade will begin transitioning to the next song. Just like how DJs cross fade their songs so there's no dead air, but a subtle transition.

Any thoughts??
Krisko

Re: Cross Fade

Post by Krisko »

Possible... But unlikely.

With generally only one soundcard per computer to work with, you can't play two things at once well... Just like how DJ's typically don't use controllers with an onboard sound card.
GaSouthpaw

Re: Cross Fade

Post by GaSouthpaw »

Krisko wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:15 am Possible... But unlikely.

With generally only one soundcard per computer to work with, you can't play two things at once well... Just like how DJ's typically don't use controllers with an onboard sound card.
I disagree.
Virtual DJ does this with no problem- it uses multiple "decks" that can have audio or video files that can run simultaneously, and it's a very widely used program. So does foobar (a small footprint program audio player). I've never had a problem with either of those on every system I've used them on and all of those systems- including the laptop I use for my shows- work just fine via the headphone jack (though I do use a USB connection for better EQ control).
I would imagine it's a relatively straightforward change to implement.