lyrics lag when video background loops

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

VeeUnit

lyrics lag when video background loops

Post by VeeUnit »

Hi, I am noticing that when a video background reaches the end, the lyrics freeze and lag, seemingly until the video reloads. Then the lyrics "jump" to where they should be and catch up, but these stuttering lags are distracting and problematic for singers.

I have a 4-core i5 processor, Windows 11, and Siglos is up to date. The video files are in supported AVI format, karaoke in standard MP3+G. It happens in both standard and HD renderer. Changing the frame rate doesn't seem to help.

If I put in a background video longer than the song, so it doesn't need to loop, it runs smoothly through the whole track.

What should I try next? I would really like to use the background loops I already have without having to edit them to make them longer.
vee_unit

Re: lyrics lag when video background loops

Post by vee_unit »

I really would like some advice on this, please.

I've searched this forum and the manual, and have tried changing frame rate and different renderers.

I don't know what to try next.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Please try the latest version (2.4.3.5) released two days ago. It introduced a different mode for background video and should solve the issue you are having.
vee_unit

Post by vee_unit »

I did try this; however, instead of lagging when the video loops, it crashed and needed to be reloaded in between eversong until I switched to plain solid background.

I did not try still images, as I was just relieved it was running ok for the show with the plain background.

Is there another update coming soon?
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

2.4.3.8 is available, please give it a try. If it still causes problems, please send me a log file. Also please send me a file you are using for background (if it is too large you may use wetransfer.com or share it via Google drive).