Filler music play from random spot in the song

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Krisko

Filler music play from random spot in the song

Post by Krisko »

Heya.. Sorry another question.. Apparently it's been way too long since I've used Siglos and I have all the questions πŸ˜….

I seem to remember there being a way for the Fill in music to start at a random spot in the song instead of the beginning.. Once again I'm struggling to find the setting. Is this still a thing? Or am I just crazy?
B-Side

Re: Filler music play from random spot in the song

Post by B-Side »

I'm newer to Siglos, but I would vote for this to be an option, it's kind of the only other reason I use a second program for background music so I have more control over when a song starts.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Krisko wrote: ↑Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:22 pm Heya.. Sorry another question.. Apparently it's been way too long since I've used Siglos and I have all the questions πŸ˜….

I seem to remember there being a way for the Fill in music to start at a random spot in the song instead of the beginning.. Once again I'm struggling to find the setting. Is this still a thing? Or am I just crazy?
There is an option to continue playback from the place the music was stopped and an option to start a new song. Maybe the latter was what you meant?
Krisko

Post by Krisko »

Piotr wrote: ↑Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:59 am There is an option to continue playback from the place the music was stopped and an option to start a new song. Maybe the latter was what you meant?
No.. I found that one. Like said.. It's been about 10-11 yrs since I've used Siglos, so I must be remembering wrong.

I have it set to randomize, and was hoping that when it moves to the Fill in music after the karaoke song is finished that it would pick a random spot in the first song it plays (maybe not 5 seconds before the song ends, however lol) , so you can skip any long/tedious intros if I'm drunk and not paying attention πŸ˜‚

No worries.. I was playing around alot yesterday and I don't think it's necessary. I just thought it was there and I couldnt find the option. Thanks for replying. Your software is amazing as always 🍻
B-Side

Post by B-Side »

I prefer my background music to be played roughly 20 seconds into the song so that people don't get too excited for a song that's gonna get turned off or think that's what the next singer is actually performing.
PatriciaJohn

Post by PatriciaJohn »

Yes, you can still do this in Siglos. Just go to the "Options" menu and select "Background Music". Then, select the song you want, and click the "Random Start Position" checkbox.
B-Side

Post by B-Side »

PatriciaJohn wrote: ↑Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:37 am Yes, you can still do this in Siglos. Just go to the "Options" menu and select "Background Music". Then, select the song you want, and click the "Random Start Position" checkbox.
I'm not finding this on the 2.4.0.1 version. What version are you using?
Krisko

Post by Krisko »

PatriciaJohn wrote: ↑Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:37 am Yes, you can still do this in Siglos. Just go to the "Options" menu and select "Background Music". Then, select the song you want, and click the "Random Start Position" checkbox.
Oh wow.. So I wasn't crazy? This was actually a thing?

Well hey. My memory wasn't faulty for a change πŸ˜‚
rlung

Post by rlung »

Hello!

I'm also not eyeballing this option in Siglos 2.4.0.1. Can you please walk me through where this option is located

Thank You!
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

Krisko wrote: ↑Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:45 pm

this was never a thing with Siglos, there is no such setting
DannyGsKaraoke

Post by DannyGsKaraoke »

There's a check box for random play but you have to manually choose the first one.
Krisko

Post by Krisko »

Paradigm Karaoke wrote: ↑Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:46 pm

I couldve sworn there was. But this was like 2011 and I was playing with many different programs trying to choose one, so it must be my old tired memory lol. Thanks friend 🍻
DannyGsKaraoke

Post by DannyGsKaraoke »

Krisko wrote: ↑Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:58 pm
Paradigm Karaoke wrote: ↑Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:46 pm

I couldve sworn there was. But this was like 2011 and I was playing with many different programs trying to choose one, so it must be my old tired memory lol. Thanks friend 🍻
Random song, not random spot in a song is what it does.