Importing songs to database

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Harahan Mike

Importing songs to database

Post by Harahan Mike »

I am using Karaoke Professional. I have a collection of *.zip files on a hard drive that are named using different formats. When I am importing songs to my database, where does the program get it's information? Is the format, (DiskID-Track# - Artist - Title), come from the name of the *.zip file or from the *.mp3/*.cdg file inside of the *.zip file? I have looked through many posts and am unable to find this info.

Thanks for your help,

Mike
B-Side

Re: Importing songs to database

Post by B-Side »

It can read the ID3 tags of your mp3s if you check that box and the mp3s are tagged, but it will start with the filename of your zips first. I prefer to just use the zip name.
Harahan Mike

Post by Harahan Mike »

Thank You for your answer! That is what I was hoping. I will start changing the names of the *.zip files to a common format.
adam

Post by adam »

You do not have to rename files. You just need to adjust "Name parsing rule" in Import Songs dialog box to the format of files you want to import.
Harahan Mike

Post by Harahan Mike »

Thanks Adam, renaming the .zip files took a bit of time, but I was able to get 11,000 more songs recognized by Siglos than I was able to get trying to change the parsing parameters over and over and over. I used a batch file re-naming program, (renamer for Windows), for anyone interested), and had good results.

Thanks for y'all's help.

Mike
jackwilson

Post by jackwilson »

Harahan Mike wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:29 pm I am using Karaoke Professional. I have a collection of *.zip files on a hard drive that are named using different formats. When I am importing songs to my database, where does the program get it's information? Is the format, (DiskID-Track# - Artist - Title), come from the name of the *.zip file or from the *.mp3/*.cdg file inside of the *.zip file? I have looked through many posts and am unable to find this info.

Thanks for your help,

Mike
Yes exactly want to know the same and I think to find it's answer it's too hard because I almost searched the whole internet to find it