app connectivity to remote request

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Fensom1

app connectivity to remote request

Post by Fensom1 »

I have a friend who has developed a karaoke request app. It is really awesome but still have to manually enter singer/song information into Siglos.
I love connectkaraoke.com but the interface lags a little and my singers find it frustrating. They are used to using my friend's app and its song history features etc.

So... My question is, can I get the app to send data to the connectkaraoke.com api? Is there any documentation for it? What would I need to send in the header?
Piotr
Admin

Re: app connectivity to remote request

Post by Piotr »

What app is that?
Fensom1

Post by Fensom1 »

The What Can I Sing app. I have been bugging him for awhile to find a way to use his app but push the data straight into Siglos. I am guessing the only way to do that would for you guys to have an api or could it be done another way? I guess if he uses an api, but then Siglos would still need to poll.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

We have considered this and it is a possibility, but rather in the longer time frame.
AndrewFaber

Post by AndrewFaber »

hello friends, Im sorry for bumping old thread, just searching similar info. I got the same issue
Fensom1

Post by Fensom1 »

I have started writing a React Native app so my singers can request songs to Siglos. At the moment, the React-Native app connects to connectkaraoke.com to submit the songs but I am thinking of doing that from the Nodejs Backend so users can submit songs before the show starts.
It's really just a hack, as connect karaoke still returns html instead of json data. a Graphql endpoint would be awesome but for the time being I'll work with what is available. In the app, I have created user authentication so the song requests always come from verified users. When I trialed using just the connectkaraoke .com interface, I found I was getting singers showing up multiple times in the rotation which defeats the purpose.

Each user in my app gets a unique 9 digit userid so user management is way easier than with just the web interface.