CD+G Creator - Lyric colour settings?

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Moocats

CD+G Creator - Lyric colour settings?

Post by Moocats »

How do you change the colour of the lyrics?

I watched a YouTube video uploaded by "Power Karaoke" explaining how to do it. youtube.com/watch?v=TBCIVaR2MPA (You'll have to add you're own prefix as this forum doesn't allow posting of URL's which is daft.)

This is for version 2.2.2
I am using version 2.5.6.1 and the "colour scheme" selection as described in the video is not there for me.

It may be worth noting that I'm currently in the evaluation mode so I can try the software out but If I can't even change the text to be white, changing to blue on black background (Think Zoom) then I've no means to be able to evaluate this software for my purposes and the price point is far too high for a punt purchase that I've not been able to even demo properly.
adam

Re: CD+G Creator [please do not post unlock codes] Lyric colour settings?

Post by adam »

Are you having problems changing colors in lyrics editor to your liking (this is what the video is about), or are you trying to adjust colors of lyrics in an output karaoke video file?

Could you please e-mail a screenshot of your File -> Preferences dialog box to [email protected]?
Moocats

Post by Moocats »

adam wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:05 am Are you having problems changing colors in lyrics editor to your liking (this is what the video is about), or are you trying to adjust colors of lyrics in an output karaoke video file?

Could you please [please do not post unlock codes] a screenshot of your File [please do not post unlock codes]> Preferences dialog box to [email protected]?
As in the option to change colour as described in this video are NOT there.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

It is available in Karaoke CD+G Creator Pro and Karaoke Video Creator. Regular version does not have it.
Moocats

Post by Moocats »

[s]So the trial version for premium software doesn't actually have the premium features to try?
Forgive me for asking the obvious but what then is the point of the trial?[/s]

EDIT:

Oh I see what you mean now.
There's an enhanced version of the same software which you've called "Pro"

Honestly the amount of software you have on here boggles the mind. Could you not just have one multitool software?

I'll have a poke around and see what I think, honestly seen as all I want to do is make one parody I'll give it a miss at this price point. £120 is a hell of a lot of money to spend on something I may use literally only once ever. I suppose the software is aimed at professionals or musicians not people wanting to have a bit of fun on a whim but still, it seems a lot. Maybe I'm missing the point.
Piotr
Admin

Re: CD+G Creator - Lyric colour settings?

Post by Piotr »

I can understand the confusion.

CD+G authoring is a complex task and there is huge amount of work behind the programs, hence the pricing. But I admit it might be a lot just to make one song.
Moocats

Re: CD+G Creator - Lyric colour settings?

Post by Moocats »

Piotr wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:15 am I can understand the confusion.

CD+G authoring is a complex task and there is huge amount of work behind the programs, hence the pricing. But I admit it might be a lot just to make one song.
To be fair, confusion aside I did sit down and write about half the parody I had in mind with the program. Although it was time consuming which was to be expected it was also quite intuitive. It's a good piece of software and as far as I can tell there's nothing else out there that can do the same thing.

I just wish you had a lower price point to make it accessible for small usage as I've no desire to make anything for professional use or sell the finished results. I just want the ability to be a bit daft with a couple of songs here and there. Maybe you can find someway to differentiate a license for home / personal & occasional use from those who wish to build many projects for professional and/or premium use.