Garbeled Tracks

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Catfish

Garbeled Tracks

Post by Catfish »

When downloading songs from the internet (All from the same website) - We have used CD+G Burner to make these songs into CDGs --- On my cheap player - They work fine , however when we take them to different venues - Sometimes the more expensive 3 tray players - they become garbled .. But only on certain songs - Other will play fine ?

I am using CDRDAO - Any ideas ?

Catfish
adam

Post by adam »

Please note many karaoke players are picky when it comes to playing CD-R discs, so please try using different brand of discs (we recommend using audio-dedicated CDs, ideally with silver recording surface).
Catfish

Post by Catfish »

That what we use now -- It works well with copying CDGs and about half the downloaded songs ..
Holler

Post by Holler »

Hmmmmmmmmm...

Is it a JVC or RSQ type player?

:)
Catfish

Post by Catfish »

Yes -- I think it is one of those RSQ -- Which I think is the same as the JVC -- Only problem is we sing 4 different places - 2 have the same player
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

As you are able to play direct copies fine, I would blame the files. Are they commercial songs, or maybe they are homemade?
Catfish

Post by Catfish »

They are commercial files -- All downloaded from Cavs USA ..
Holler

Post by Holler »

I guess my question was rather pointed.

I am with Adam on this one. It is most likely the brand of CDR you are using. Other than that, my experience tells me that some of the JVC type players have problems reading burned media, wearas they have no problems with comercial grade CD+Gs.

Which manufacturer created the graphics (Sound choice, *ZOOM, Sunfly ect)?

:)
Catfish

Post by Catfish »

It seems that the ones that are bad or the THM - Especially the ones that say Panorama (sp?) on them -- I can put 10 songs on a CDG and 5 of them will not work on the RSQ correctly - However the other 5 are flawless and I can not recall any other than the THM songs messing up (Like I said - In my cheap player - they are flawless) --- Mixed in with these THM songs are some Chartbusters and occasionaly a Cavs song -- No issues there .. I emeailed cavs a day or two ago and they have not gotten back to me .. THM is no help because they claim that they do not support Cavs selling there songs this way and it trying to shut them down ??? Yea right ..

Catfish
dingo

Post by dingo »

I am new to burning CDG's but I have found out the following:

I discovered what the problem is with bad video (for me).
Apparently, the older JVC units do not like Panorama downloaded songs. They will work on newer machines fine. I tried a Pioneer twin tray and had no problems.
I don't think that the problem is the quality of the disk. I tried both cheap and expensive disks.
The CAVS songs worked on both units.
The Panorama songs had garbled video on the JVC but worked fine on the Pioneer player.
These were all songs I downloaded from Cavsusa.com.

One thing for sure is that the burned CDG's are more sensitive, so make sure the lens is cleaned on the player.
Catfish

Post by Catfish »

Furthermore on this subject -- I have personally upgraded my burner and I have found that the THM songs from Tricerasoft burn fine and will play without the slightest glitch in the RSQ/JVC -- However the Cavsusa downloads (THM only) - Are awful .. There has to be a reason for this ...