Power Karaoke is a Great Teaching Tool

If you have used our software and found it useful this is the place to share your experiences with others.

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Singing makes the heart beat better.

You may select 1 option

View results

jumpinjo

Power Karaoke is a Great Teaching Tool

Post by jumpinjo »

I am a teacher in China and soon after I arrived here almost a year ago, I discovered that the Chinese love to Karaoke. There is also a huge movement to learn English. So I thought, wouldn't it be a great idea to put the twain together. I learned how to create my own CD+G Karaoke disks that would work on computers. The college I work at has some nice overhead equipment that is connected to computers, so I was very excited to give it a test run. The problems were 1) the computers often rand too slow and the music didn't stay in time with the higlighting of the words, and 2) most of the Karaoke you get find today has very few vocals. In short, the Chinese want to here the actual song, not just the music. That is where Power Karoake and Power Video Karaoke has proven so useful. I can make the songs they want to here, with the lyrics, and put pictures of them here and there or as background. And sometimes I can put video. The potential for creativity is limited only by your own mind. The students love it. Yes it is a lot of work for me, but it is getting easier. Once you make a PDK file, you have it. You can play around as much as you want. In short, as a teaching tool, especially for ESL students, PowerKaraoke is greeeeeeat!!!!!!