Ver 2.0.70

Share your ideas of the new features you would like to see

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

I have not experienced that, but it appears it may just be luck of the draw...searching for the right song. it's very possible i just looked for the songs not having the problem.

i did find one other odd issue, in the setting for welcome page title, the letters
A,F,P,R,S do not type, but the "F" makes the singer screen display full screen.
"Paradigm Karaoke" is tough to type without those letters lol.
but, if i type it in another field such as quick singer, i can copy and paste it into the welcome page title field with no problem.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Paradigm, I encountered the same problem too. However, it will type those letters if they are upper case. The strange thing is I was playing around with the welcome page title and I typed all of the alphabets, numbers, and characters and I was able to type "all" lower case alphabets. But for whatever reason, now I can't type the lower case alphabets that you mentioned anymore. I'm not sure what I did but I cannot recreate it. Typing the "f" did go to full screen. The affected letters did type correctly in the earlier versions.

Piotr, the log was emailed to you.
Paradigm Karaoke

ok, i experienced what Hornet did with the missing songs.
i tried it at my show tonight and have some problems that forced me back to SBDB.

1) singers that exist with a last name or initial in parentheses are an issue.
for example, tonight i had "Paul (T)". parentheses so it does not show on screen. he added a song under "Paul T" which created a new singer. i did add their number to the edit singer dialog, but since the "T" is not in parentheses, it sees it as different. could it be set up to ignore parentheses and periods for this reason?

2) not sure what to do about it, but giving you all the feedback i recieved tonight. the list of different versions confused everybody. nobody knows which version they do, so they come up and ask for every song they are entering. the alternative is they pick a random one and their history explodes with multiple versions of the same song. i believe allowing access to their own history by logging in would fix this.

3) to go along with Hawke's idea of a disk id column, allow an option to not show dupes? i used to show Manu codes with SongbookDB but i spent more time answering "what doe the versions mean" or " which one is better" than actually hosting the show. once i turned it off it made things much smoother and those that want a particular Manu will ask anyway.

4) key change drop down menu like we have in the add singer dialog.
this feature was missed by many tonight. they typed it in the message area, but if it had allowed auto add it would have skipped over that.

5) when they click on a song, in the next page where it says "i want ot sing this", just make it the page for the name and secret code. all on one page, if it is the wrong song, they can back out as usual but this eliminates one step.

6) several mentioned the size of the songs name is great even when i have it sized down to fit 16 on a page, but the space to add their name and such is very small and does not resize. can it be set to be more reactive to user agents? larger on laptop, smaller on phone?

7) singers love the SBDB option to show "just added" and click that button first. they missed it in this system. adding that option to show what was added in the last 30 days, or even better, show songs in descending order of date added would be amazing.

i like where it's going for sure, there are bugs (which we knew would happen at first) but the core is mostly solid. thankfully my American Legion crowd are easy going and game to test this for us, so keep 'em coming.
this is an amazing addition to the top software and will keep SKP on the top of the heap!

i will send an email directly to you with my DB for the missing songs.

*EDIT* DB sent.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

So here is the new build:

http://www.powerkaraoke.com/download/20 ... -setup.exe

Issues that are still not fixed are database search problems and duplicates. But we have added better control to automatic processing (you may choose to hold when singer is not matched or remarks are entered), key changer and name matching. Also all keys should work in Remote Queue Settings.

There is a separate field for remote name assigned for every singer (which by default is their name). For each unmatched request (ie. request where singer name does not match or PIN does not match), you can select the singer from the database.

Also song selection has been simplified, 'I want to sing this song' button is gone. Back arrow goes back to the list of songs in the correct place.

And there is more to come in a day or two.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Piotr, your fixes are improving the program for sure. I think adding a search by any part of a title or name would be good. Just like KP if I type just a part of the title or artist the list will show all songs that contain the key words. This way if I'm looking for "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds" the singer can type just "Diamonds" and it will list the song. Currently if you type "Diamonds" when using the "Search by Title" option only songs that begin with Diamonds will be listed. But if you use the "Search for Song" option Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds is listed. Maybe taking away the options of browsing by artist and title and just using the search for song option will be an easier fix because this option will search for both titles or artists by the key word(s) just like how KP searches. Just my humble opinion.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

hornet59 wrote:Piotr, your fixes are improving the program for sure. I think adding a search by any part of a title or name would be good. Just like KP if I type just a part of the title or artist the list will show all songs that contain the key words. This way if I'm looking for "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds" the singer can type just "Diamonds" and it will list the song. Currently if you type "Diamonds" when using the "Search by Title" option only songs that begin with Diamonds will be listed. But if you use the "Search for Song" option Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds is listed. Maybe taking away the options of browsing by artist and title and just using the search for song option will be an easier fix because this option will search for both titles or artists by the key word(s) just like how KP searches. Just my humble opinion.
Artist/Title mode are browsing, not searching -- songs and artists are always listed alphabetically, like in a paper songbook. 'Search for song' searches for any part of artist name or song title.
Paradigm Karaoke

This is really shaping up to be a great request function.
on my test machine i am seeing a few issues

1) the key change drop down on the remote is illegibly small on dekstops unless zoomed in to where only 4 songs show on screen (trying to capture a screen shot was impossible, but i tried). on phones the popup looks great.

2) *EDIT* i just noticed you say the search bug has not been fixed yet, so ignore this one.

3) i agree completely with Hornet on making the search recursive like it is in SKP. the less people have to be perfect at the kiosk, the fewer "you don't have Elvis Presley songs?" we end up getting.

4) going along with Hornets suggestion of removing browse by artist and title, what about splitting the difference and like other parts of Siglos allowing a check box to show browse by artist and title.

5) on android, chrome works fine, but firefox gets stuck at the home screen. clicking on the buttons highlights them as if they were clicked, but no action. firefox desktop works perfectly.
hawke68

Post by hawke68 »

Tried it out on the gang at one of my shows and they loved it so far but the questions I had most were where do I log in to see the songs I have sung in the past? And which version is which of the duplicates I have? I had to switch back to my kiosk I have been using to get through the night. Other than that so far they're loving the work you guys are doing. Can't wait to see the next release.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

hawke68 wrote:Tried it out on the gang at one of my shows and they loved it so far but the questions I had most were where do I log in to see the songs I have sung in the past? And which version is which of the duplicates I have? I had to switch back to my kiosk I have been using to get through the night. Other than that so far they're loving the work you guys are doing. Can't wait to see the next release.
Hawke, Piotr mentioned he is still working on the missing songs and duplicate problem.
Piotr wrote:Issues that are still not fixed are database search problems and duplicates.
Hopefully he'll have it fixed soon.
hawke68

Post by hawke68 »

I know Hornet just passing on feedback and kudos as my guests had asked me to relay to the folks who are responsible for this software. .lol..they suggested that a 3rd column which denotes disc id similar to when they look at their list on my screen would work wonderfully for them
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

New build is uploaded:

http://www.powerkaraoke.com/download/20 ... -setup.exe

We have fixed missing songs.

Is Remote Queue settings you may choose to merge duplicate listings and hide incomplete. When song that has duplicate is requested, the request is not added automatically.

Disc ID has can be added to the results.

As of Browse vs. Search -- Browse is faster, therefore it is the default. But we have an idea how to switch to Search and still keep it fast.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Piotr, your kiosk idea is getting better with each update. I don't know if you're working on this problem I encountered, but I thought I would mention it. When you search by title and you type a word that is within the title, the title does not display like KP. If I type Wonderful World if I'm looking for the song What A Wonderful World the title will not be listed because the remote search is looking for all titles that begins with Wonderful World. SKP's search will look for Wonderful World in any part of the title. The same is true when searching by artist name. If I'm looking for all songs by Billy Joel and I type just Joel only artist whose last name starts with Joel will be listed. This is assuming that the artist name is entered Joel, Billy in the database. If you can change the search to work exactly like KP I think it would work a lot better.

I also have some suggestions that I think might help enhance the remote kiosk.

1. After submitting a song if the screen would automatically go back to the home screen faster would make things easier for the singer. After submitting a song the program automatically goes back to the home screen after two seconds.
2. Instead of using half tone for the key change on the remote make it just like KP. +3 +2 +1 0 -1 -2 -3 etc I think it would help the singers who do not know what are half tone, but know that they sing a particular song at -2.
3. Allow a key entry like shift+1 to make a remote kiosk that is using a laptop to go full screen where it removes the browser's icons, address bar, task bar etc. Then pressing shift+2 will take the kiosk out of full screen.
4. Add the detect comma feature and allow it to be selectable so the KJ can choose to use it or not, just like KP.
5. On the Remote Queue popup box allow the different sections to be movable by dragging it. This will allow the KJ to adjust the column's order that he/she wants to see in that display.

I like what you did with the merge duplicate songs and making the Disc ID selectable as to whether it will be displayed or not on the remote device. I also like the feature where any duplicate songs will not be added automatically. I like choosing what I think is the best version that I have.

That's it for now until I play with the program a little more. But you are definitely on the right track to make KP the best hosting program. Thanks for your hard work!
Paradigm Karaoke

man, you are just coming along amazing on this Piotr!
every version keeps getting better, and better.

here is what i see

1) best i can see, the missing songs issue is completely gone!

2) the key change option on desktop is still too small (had customers putting it in comments last night as they could not read them on the kiosk) but are perfectly legible on phones.

3) the maximum requests per person is bypassed if auto add is checked

4) would it be possible to have a title either disappear or show red perhaps to signify someone has already requested that song? even allowing us to chose to disallow duplicate songs? for example many do not allow a song to be done twice in one night,and singers generally do not want to sing the same song someone else did. they come up while the first singer is singing it "guess i should pick a different song". this would "lock out" a song at the kiosk and avoid this scenario.

5) could drag+drop be a possibility? for example, Chris sends a request, then i could drag it from the remote queue window and drop it in the rotation spot i want it in. same as if it was in the quick singer window.

6) like the "dont skip this singer if wait for songs is enabled", option is in the edit singer dialog, could one be added to "always auto add songs for this singer"? we can enable it for our regulars, but leave newbies or those who like to change their name (Rob, Robert, Rockin Rob, Roberto....) so we can still filter through them ourselves. the ones who can actually be adults can just be autoadded and keep the remote queue filled with only those that actually require our attention.

7) what does enabling cookies allow that not having them enabled does not? i just don't know what that feature actually does.

i don't know if these are technologically possible, just throwing it all out there.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:5) could drag+drop be a possibility? for example, Chris sends a request, then i could drag it from the remote queue window and drop it in the rotation spot i want it in. same as if it was in the quick singer window.
Paradigm, when a singer submits a song all you have to do is press either the Add Selected button, which is the big plus sign on the top right of the Remote Queue box or you could click on the Open In Add Singer button, which is just to the right of the plus sign. You don't need the drag and drop feature if you just click on one of the two buttons I just Mentioned.
Paradigm Karaoke

i could have been more clear on my comment, i was speaking for a singers first song. clicking add selected puts them at the bottom of the rotation, so i was thinking it could work like the quick singer dialog to add a singer where i want them. i'm just throwing ideas out there.