Ver 2.0.70

Share your ideas of the new features you would like to see

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

no big deal, this is what we are here for Piotr. you'll get it figured out, you always do.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

I hope three is the charm. Here it goes:

http://www.powerkaraoke.com/download/20 ... -setup.exe
Paradigm Karaoke

ok, that one works.
definitely a good solid base for this project, nicely done my friend.
i know it's just a first release, so i'm just throwing everything i see at you.

1) the browse works fine but can not search for a song in any browser.

2)the individual code to keep Mike separate from the other Mike in the room is an interesting idea.
is there a place somewhere to add the code to an existing singer?
for example, Jen has been singing with me since 2010, how can i attach her number to her name so she keeps her history? maybe just a spot in the "edit singer" dialogue so the first time i can "open in add singer" and the code appears for me to add.

3) is there a way to see all requested songs from tonight? this way when the inevitable "but i put it in first" happens i can show them time stamps.
perhaps just a check box to hide entered requests. that way i can just uncheck that box and see everything sent tonight.

4) chrome mobile works, but in firefox mobile (android) the main page comes up and the buttons click, but do nothing. if i enter "/artistbrowse" it wors fine and sends requests properly.

5) the names are case sensitive. so
bill 123456
and
Bill 123456
go in as 2 different people

6) clicking "freeze" could have the main page show that we are no longer accepting requests instead of going through the process to be told at the end.
hawke68

Post by hawke68 »

Nice job guys! Couple things to add to Paradigm's suggestions.

1. Perhaps a customizable welcome screen that will allow a username/password to log in first that brings up the home screen with the buttons.

2. the username/password can be attached to an existing singer in SKP's history list as he suggested so the individual can see the same list of songs we see when we punch their names in (maybe in brackets after their names in our lists.

3. A list history button (goes with above) when they log in.

4. A search by Artist button & search by title button to give more refined searches. i.e. typing shelton blake would only bring up songs with blake and shelton in the artist column.
Paradigm Karaoke

ok, figured out the search, you have to use the buttons on the site and not the phone or laptop keyboard.
also, it is literal...Elvis Presley comes up blank though i have 500+ songs. it has to be put in Presley, Elvis to be found.
the auto searching is a nice feature over my current DB though. i think that will cause a lot more problems needing to be so literal instead of just typing "elv pre" to get all the elvis songs.

thje search speed is lighting, you got it good there.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

When I'm typing the letter X I get a W and when I type the letter Y I get a X. There is no way for me to type the letter Y and if I need the letter X I have to type Y. All the other letters works fine.

Double tapping on my phone zooms in, can this feature be removed?

Is there also a way to delete duplicate listings?

Is there a way to use the keyboard when using a laptop?

When submitting a song it would be nice to have a drop down menu for key change

How about using a larger font and maybe using red font color for the remote device when freeze is activated

When a singer requests a song and enters their name and code is there a way to delete this name and code?

As Paradigm mentioned, the search speed is awesome!
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Thank you for comments! I will not answer them individually, we will post a new build on Monday and then I will list the changes made. The engine is working well, the interface needs some tweaking, but I am sure we will get there very soon.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

I am sorry for the delay, new build is coming today or tomorrow.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Piotr wrote:I am sorry for the delay, new build is coming today or tomorrow.
NP Piotr. I remember going through this when you were working on KP back in the day. Look where you are today! We have no doubt you will make this program just as good!

Thanks for your hard work
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Guys, the new build is here:

http://www.powerkaraoke.com/download/20 ... -setup.exe

It has more options to change -- you can turn the on-screen keyboard on and off. Also we have added the field that can take direct input from keyboard.

Search has been modified, so 'elv pre' will find 'elvis presley', but also 'melvin dupre'.

Names are case-insensitive.

We have added a way to see the request history (there is a new button in Remote Queue do to this) and to revert the request back to the list.

Automatic add should work properly now.

Knows singers are listed in blue.

PIN is now editable in Singer Properties (-1 means no PIN set).
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Piotr

Not sure why this is happening but when I use the Search for Song method and I type Song For Someone the list clears. When I'm searching for it the song will be listed when I type Song For So. If I type beyond the SO the list will clear. If I type Song For Som the list clears.

If I use the Browse by Title method the song does not appear at all. I typed Song For and it wasn't listed. I also noticed that some song titles are not listed when using the Browse by Title, but it will be listed if I use the Search for Song method.

I used the Manage Song Database and compared some of my song listed versus the remote's song listing. I just randomly searched a title in the remote and compared it to the song database and found some songs were missing when using the Browse by Title method.

It happened when I used a laptop, cell, and iPad.

I also noticed that some not all duplicate songs are listed.

I don't envy what you have to do Piotr, but we all appreciate your hard work. Not sure how much help the log will be, but I just sent it.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Can you email me your database file? Thanks!
Paradigm Karaoke

works great for me sir!
leaps and bounds above the last one.
a few thoughts

1) after sending a request, the screen stays on the "your request has been added" until clicking the home button. perhaps a 10 or 15 second time out to go back to the main page automatically.

2) a drop down menu for key changes. as it stands, if auto add is checked, it will not change the key if they put it in remarks.

3) auto add bypasses the remarks and just adds so...
what about a check box that if remarks is not empty, hold it in the queue to alert me of it? if they want it for their next one, etc.

this is coming along very nicely, thank you for working so hard on this Piotr.
hawke68

Post by hawke68 »

I agree. TYVM sir.
Is there a possibility of adding a disc id column so that the duplicate songs can be distinguished from one another?
I can hardly wait for the next version with the way it is coming along.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Paradigm & Hawke, did you try taking a random song from your "Manage Song Database" and searching for it using the "Browse by Title" on the remote? Try it on several titles and see if it always displays. I found out about this problem by accident. I just happen to pick songs that's causing problem on my end.

Piotr, I just emailed my database file as you requested. Hope you'll be able to work your magic in finding a fix.