transferring from one computer to another

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

1okedoke

transferring from one computer to another

Post by 1okedoke »

Hello--sorry have asked this question before! !Can't find reply.Have bought a new laptop with windows 7.Currently using Siglos Professional 2.0.23.on older laptop. I have the unlock code and have copied the siglos setup to an external hard drive. Do I transfer setup from hard drive to new laptop and put code into help menu? How do you put in code if unlock code is grayed out thanks?
adam

Post by adam »

Please run the setup file to install the program, and then open Help -> Unlock to unlock the program. If Unlock command is grayed out, please open Help -> Unlock while having CTRL key pressed.
1okedoke

Post by 1okedoke »

Many thanks Adam.
1okedoke

Post by 1okedoke »

Hi Adam. Do I still need to use my old program setup saved on my external hard drive or use the program setup from Powerkaraoke? Thanks
adam

Post by adam »

It is recommended to install the latest release of the program. However, in such case additional fees may apply if a year of free support@upgrades has passed.
1okedoke

Post by 1okedoke »

Hi Adam--have done this now thanks. How do you reload song database using the backup file? Do you copy and paste? Haven't use this way. I usually import from external hard drive. A friend said to use the backup file as it contains all your edits you may have done.thanks
adam

Post by adam »

You just need to copy siglos.db file from Documents/My Karaoke. However a location of files on your new computer must match the original location of files on the old one for the database to work properly.
Deezpool

Re:

Post by Deezpool »

adam wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:42 am You just need to copy siglos.db file from Documents/My Karaoke. However a location of files on your new computer must match the original location of files on the old one for the database to work properly.
There is a way to copy your songs and database over to your new computer, even if the folders are different. Follow these steps:
1. Copy all of your songs over to your new PC in whatever folder you like (can leave the folder location default if you like). Make a note of the path the songs are located.
2. As noted above in Adam's post, locate the siglos.db file on the old computer and either overwrite the siglos.db file on the new computer or you can point to the one you copied from the old computer by changing the database file location in the settings under KJ cont.
3. Export the song database on the old PC and save it on your new PC.
a. Open the Song Database
b. Click on Export button and save the file as CSV (make sure you select "All Songs" for the Export Mode).
c. Copy the exported file over to the new computer.
4. On the new computer, edit the exported CSV file by changing the path of the song files in column E to point to location noted in step 1 where you saved all of your songs.
4. On the new computer, launch the Karaoke Player app and open the Song Database, click on drop-down beside Tools and select Re-Import. Click Browse and locate the edited CSV file that was exported from the old computer.
5. Click Load and Analyze and then click Process.

This will allow you to keep all of your old songs with the titles AND it will allow you to keep your list of singers. Hope this works for you all!