No matter what I do power video karaoke crashes.

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

fantasy_dream18

No matter what I do power video karaoke crashes.

Post by fantasy_dream18 »

I have just download the trial version of the power video karaoke. The probelm is I can't do anything with it. It always crashes whenever I tried to do something with it. It even crashes when I tried to view the sample. I can't import soundtrack, or do anything at all. I'm current using a windows xp operating system. Please help me. Thank you!!
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

What operating system are you using and what processor is installed in your machine?

Post by Guest »

I have the same problem. Sometime PVK crashes when I simply type in my text. Other times I get to start the video process, but it crashes within 20%. I have sent many of Error Reports through to Microsoft. I PAID for this program and cannot get it to work. I am a teacher with many years of computer experience, and this baffles me. I am supposed to use this program as well as some others in presentations at my State Convention for Computer Educators, but how can I if I cannot get it to work? I am a music teacher who thought I had found gold. Guess I was wrong.
Fortemac
fortemac2

Post by fortemac2 »

Sorry, this was my post, but I didn't realize I wasn't logged in. I also have Windows XP Home. My computer is a 2.80 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4 with 512 RAM and a nVidia video card with 256MB. It crashes 80 -85% of the times I use it. I can only make karaoke with plain color backgrounds and no borders.
fortemac
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

We have just released version 1.2.15 -- I am really not sure what might be the reason for the crash, but we have modified some code and maybe it will behave better. If not please post back and I will do some more work.

Post by Guest »

Thanks! What is the best way to update. Should I delete the original or install over top the old? Will I need a new unlock code? I'm crossing my fingers and hoping this is the magic fix.
Cyndy
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

Simply download the latest version and install -- it will update the one that you allready have. If you have received the unlock code for version 1.2.14 then it will work properly -- otherwise please send me an email to receive a new one free of charge.
fortemac2

Post by fortemac2 »

My PVK only crashes about 25% of the time now, but things aren't quite right. Somethings were better after the upgrade, but I still don't have a complete video without jumping and flashing pictures, (mostly at the beginning and the end). I noticed the music messes up the capturing a bit, especially at loud sections of the song, so I cut out the audio as I can replace it later. I also downloaded the DivX codec again and messed around with some of the settings. Still no success. When I look at the video that's created, not only is it jumpy and it flashes pictures from previous frames, it is also more the size of a wide screen format--16:9. I selected the compression of MPEG2 with DVD extentions and also tried the standard MPEG2. Both compressions result in a very wide and narrow video. The standard MPEG1 is very blotchy so couldn't be used, although the size is right. Can anyone give me any help to the settings I need to choose? I even downloaded the Virtual Dub program recommended by DivX to try to compress the video, but it didn't help. Any ideas, please? I am so CLOSE!
Cyndy
Bukerman

PVC crash

Post by Bukerman »

as for me I can't even run it, it crashes, I've download it 2 times, but the result is the same, what I have to do?
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

We have just released version 1.2.16 -- it should solve all compatibility issues. Please give it a try.
fortemac2

Post by fortemac2 »

I'm still crashing pretty regularly. I have one almost perfect video, but I have literally trashed dozens upon dozens. I also still have a weird size in any mpeg2--very long and narrow, not the correct size at all, even though I select 720 x 480--it doesn't come out to this. I also upgraded my computer and now have 1.5 gigs of RAM. Memory wasn't the problem evidently as my crashes still are happening anywhere from 24% - 86% of the capture process. Please, help with settings. I need some help with settings or anything you can think of!
Cyndy
fortemac2

Post by fortemac2 »

Any ideas out there on the size or crashing?
Cyndy
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

We will be releasing build 1.2.17 today. We had several reports about the crashes, but as on the similar systems the software runs smoothly this is a little of a guesswork. Some of the code has been modified and I hope that this one will work properly.
fortemac2

Post by fortemac2 »

MUCH MUCH WORSE. I cannot do anything. I have not gotten past 20% at all and usually get crashes at 4%. I have no idea what kind of video it's making because I don't even get one. Helppppppp!
Cyndy
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

Cyndy,

I am very sorry you are having these problems. I would like to ask you for one more thing -- please send me the PKD file before you create the video -- it should help me to find out what the problem is.

Thanks.