QR Code generation for Collections

Share your ideas of the new features you would like to see

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

assassin32

QR Code generation for Collections

Post by assassin32 »

Would it be possible to further enhance QR code usage to allow individual codes for the 3 Collections in use on the Remote Queue web interface?

For example, if I am hosting at a particular bar that likes heavy metal, and I have a "METAL" Collection built in my db, I'd like to have sin gers be able to immediately pull up content by scanning a QR code that links for my internal Collection.
Piotr
Admin

Re: QR Code generation for Collections

Post by Piotr »

We will give it a thought. Good idea!
assassin32

Post by assassin32 »

I created a rudimentary .jpg using the main QR code to utilize as the Inactive background image that can be set in the Display Settings.

I like the idea of singers being able to scan that QR code directly from any screens in use during a show if not songs or fill in tracks are playing. Again, trying to make it easy/motivate people to use the online remote queue to pick their songs. Maybe expand that capability to create these screens in the program settings without having to use something like PhotoShop to create it. Maybe have the ability to add some basic instructions to the screen on how the use the feature. Venue name, DJ/KJ name, etc.

Most folks are so used to flipping through a big book, then signing up on a clipboard or scrap of paper, or talking straight to the KJ. We can never rid them of those tendencies, but the remote queue is such an under-utilized tool.
assassin32

Post by assassin32 »

Any chances of being able to "publish" more than 3 (say like, 5?) Collections through the Remote Queue?
B-Side

Post by B-Side »

I printed my QR on an 8.5x11" flyer and put in a display near my system. It also has my Venmo in the other corner in case someone wants to tip, but doesn't have cash. I was using an empty 1/2“ binder as the display before, but people would try and take it with them lol.

What I like about this too is I can use a chalk pen to write the days show code on the plastic display so my regulars can't sign up until they show up, or someone texts them the code, but then I'll know who to scold haha...

It's a simple design, but it definitely works. I thought about the QR code on the TV, but I don't want people getting in the way of our singers trying to scan a code. Would be a good option for a venue with multiple monitors for the audience.
Attachments
20220602_153407.jpg
20220602_153407.jpg (104.44 KiB) Viewed 2952 times
assassin32

Post by assassin32 »

B-Side wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:46 pm I printed my QR on an 8.5x11" flyer and put in a display near my system. It also has my Venmo in the other corner in case someone wants to tip, but doesn't have cash. I was using an empty 1/2“ binder as the display before, but people would try and take it with them lol.

What I like about this too is I can use a chalk pen to write the days show code on the plastic display so my regulars can't sign up until they show up, or someone texts them the code, but then I'll know who to scold haha...

It's a simple design, but it definitely works. I thought about the QR code on the TV, but I don't want people getting in the way of our singers trying to scan a code. Would be a good option for a venue with multiple monitors for the audience.

Yea...I always envision a perfect set up/scenario in my (multiple monitors running off a splitter), and I realized that the places I've pitched running a show at have limited infrastructure in some cases. I certainly have started thinking about printing up QR sheets and leaving them aound the bar/stage.

I like the tip to change up the code...

Part of me would like to get an old school binder with pages for peple to look at, but many are just doing the sign sheet and/or ask.

I really like the idea of being able to create a page through this program with that QR code with some display page editing functions and being able to download said image.