Burn Process fails at 99%

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

nevunx

Burn Process fails at 99%

Post by nevunx »

Hi,

I am using a registered version of Power CD+G Burner just downloaded from your site and I have a problem in that the software is hanging when it gets to 99% of the burn process. The disk has actually copied fine but I am unable to close the software or do anything else on the PC unless I reboot the computer. This is something of a pain in the butt! Any ideas?

I am running Windows XP Pro with SP2.

Oh, I have tried both burning modes - only internal type works.

Thanks
Nevun
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

I'm sorry that you are having problems with our software.

Could you please send us a log file created by Power CD+G Burner. It is cdgblog.txt file located in 'C:\Program Files\Doblon\Power CD+G Burner' directory. This will allow us to find what the problem might be.
nevunx

Post by nevunx »

I have sent the log file.
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks. Please try switching to CDRDao mode, but disable mmc-raw mode.
nevunx

Post by nevunx »

That fails during the leadin burn and suggests that I change to internal mode.

Could it be something to do with the software requesting the drive to open following the burn and, if so, is there anyway to disable that?

Edited to Add: Following the CDRAO not working, switching to internal mode, that particular copy was successful and ejected the burned disk etc. I am retrying this sequence of events.
nevunx

Post by nevunx »

I have repeated the sequence noted above and it consistently works. The process is as follows:

Set the burn settings to CDRDao with mmc-raw disabled.
Set write speed.
Press copy. Program reads tracks and starts burn process.
Burn process fails during writing of Lead-in and generates message advising switch to Internal Engine mode. Press button to try using internal engine.
Program regenerates image, ejects CDR and requests blank disk.
Close drive tray containing CDR media just ejected and press OK.
Disk burns successfully and ejects when complete.

Not ideal but it avoids having to reboot. :?
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

Please try using lower burn speed -- you are burning at 32x.
nevunx

Post by nevunx »

I've tried all available burn speeds from slowest to fastest and it makes no difference.

I can see why that would affect the success of the write but not why it would cause the software to hang after successfully writing!
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

Do you have any other CD burning software installed on your computer? Alcohol 120% mac cause problems, as it installs a memory resident driver.
nevunx

Post by nevunx »

I have CDClone and CDRWin both of which I was using to try and copy CDGs. CDRWin won't recognise my burner as supporting CDG and CDClone consistently failed to burn the particular disks that I am working on (it works fine for all others that I have tried!) - no matter what it failed with Bad Media errors during the burn!

I don't think either of them have loaded any memory resident stuff.

I really like Power CD+G Burner over the other options because it rips each track and allows me to make custom cds - A great product if we can sort out this reboot problem :wink: The PowerCDG trial worked fine with the short tracks - it may be down to particular source CDs. They are close to the CD capacity. But it seems strange that repeatably I can try CDRDao mode, alllow it to fail and switch to internal mode and there is no hanging. But everytime that I start the burn process in internal engine mode it hangs after completing the burn! And I can't shut down the app or restart windows through the task manager - I have to press the reset button and do a hard reboot.

What do the other CDRDao options do and which is it worth trying to make the CDRDao engine work? I haven't downloaded the Adaptec drivers that you reference (the ones for ATAPI drives) on the site - would that help?
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, it might be worth a try. But after you install Adaptec's ASPI please delete wnaspi32.dll from C:\Program Files\Shared Files\CDRDao.

I we used the same drive as yours with CDRDao mode and it worked without problems.
Holler

Post by Holler »

Hmmmmmmmm...

Do you have any Virtual CDRom devices installed in your system?

:)
desel63

burn cd+g hangs at 99%

Post by desel63 »

I experience exactly the same problem with a registered copy. The trial worked without problems.
admin
Admin

Post by admin »

Please send us a log file created by Power CD+G Burner. It is cdgblog.txt file located in 'C:\Program Files\Doblon\Power CD+G Burner' directory. This will allow us to find what the problem might be.
desel63

cd+g hangs at 99%

Post by desel63 »

I have emailed the log file