SKP slow with average rotations

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

so, finally had a chance last night when it slowed down to get a shot of what i am talking aobut. there are only 23 in the rotation at this point and some do not have any songs, but it is still rather slow.

https://mega.nz/#!a9oTyTBY!6aaHG6I3KyMJ ... N2DFm4bbzU

it does get worse when all singers have songs in and of course when more singers are in the rotation.

Adam, Piotr, ideas?
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

I am downloading the video, will get on this straight away.
Paradigm Karaoke

any progress on this or the other logs i mailed you?
Paradigm Karaoke

anything? even "found the problem but don't know what to do?"
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

WOW that was slow. Did you try changing the number of character to start interactive search? I use 4 and sometimes I will change it to 5

You can find the interactive search in Settings --> KJ cont --> Top third of GUI

Hope this helps
Paradigm Karaoke

i did. that amount of time you saw in the video was just after i hit "add and close". at that point search characters do not matter any more. tried on 4 different computers with different specs and all the same result. at lower numbers it works at an acceptable rate, but these 25+ rotations are not unusual so i get this slow down all the time. to wait that long before i can even begin to do anything like switch a song for the next singer is an eternity when there are 2 or 3 people in front of me for various reasons.
i'm just getting aggravated that i am not hearing a word about it from anyone.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Piotr, you said you were downloading the video over three weeks ago. Can you at least let Paradigm know if you found out what the problem is? I can't believe how the quality of customer support has gone down. We used to all boast on other forums how Power Karaoke's customer support was the best. We used to tell a lot of people they should buy Karaoke Pro because it was the best hosting program and the customer support is the best you'll find anywhere. Please don't force us to go back on our praises.
gjjolly

Post by gjjolly »

Piotr
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:38 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
We are stuck in development, a lot of code has been redone, but we are still putting it together. There are nice things coming once we get this in line. September should finally see us on track. Thank you for your patience and support.

A little reminder of what you told us almost 2 months ago. :(
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

I have given up and started using Search Everything. it is a free program and searches faster than I can type(64 WPM) and then just drag and drop into rotation. It is a shame we have to do this on a program we were sold on and pushed to others because of the great service we use to get. Maybe they are just getting to big for all they are trying to offer with the few people they have to develop it. Time to go back to the KISS rule.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

I hope we don't have to give up on Karaoke Pro. I'm having issues with runtime errors. It sends me a popup then closes Karaoke Pro after every 5 or 6 songs consistently.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

This issue has been finally fixed in v. 2.0.33. And we are back with regular maintenance and new features.
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

I downloaded the new version and played with my computer at home was still slow in the search using 5 cat. The slow search and taking the typing for a search on letter at a time is the biggest issue I have had and it still seems to be slow with the new version. Will keep playing and trying different things to see if I can speed it up any.
Paradigm Karaoke

how many songs do you have? and am i right that your characters for search is set to 5?