Windows 10

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

hornet59

Windows 10

Post by hornet59 »

Hey Everyone
I just upgraded to windows 10 and the one thing I noticed with KP is the font in the rotation window and the fill-in playlist is really big. Is anyone else noticing this? I can't seem to find where I can change the font size for both these windows. I thought it was the screen resolution but it isn't. Anyone have a suggestion? Thanks
gjjolly

Post by gjjolly »

Settings > KJ > Rotation/Playlist fonts
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Thanks gjjolly I think I need better glasses lol
KristiS

Windows 10

Post by KristiS »

I was afraid to upgrade for fear Siglos Pro wouldn't work well with it. Have you had any issues with crashing. Mine already does periodically with windows 8. Any input would be appreciated.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

So far so good with me and windows 10. Aside from the problems that is already known and we're all waiting for the fix, KP seems to be working ok.
LM

Slow with Windows 10

Post by LM »

Since upgrading to Windows 10 KPM is extremely slow for me when adding singer...is this a known issue???
h2

Windows 10 problem

Post by h2 »

I was using Powetr Karaoke Pro in Windows 7 64 bit. It was a few years old but no problems. Since I updated to Windows 10 it won't run at all. I click on the icon or program file and nothing!

I downloaded version 2.0.30 and trial mode runs okay. I go back to my older version and it won't run. I'm not inclined to pay the hundred bucks for the new version because I just use it to play my collection of rare Warner CD+G disks from 25 years ago. I have a hardware player now for them.
Still I would like to know why older version won't run. I even tried compatibility settings, makes no difference.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

I think it has something to do with your computer drivers not the karaoke program. After you updated your computer to Windows 10 did you go to your computer manufacturer's website and update all your drivers to their Windows 10 drivers?

Post by Guest »

My display adapter is Intel HD graphics, Windows 10 says I have the latest driver version.. I tried re-installing the driver. I have discovered that PK is running as a background process when I run it. That suggests it is not completely loading. This is the 'only' software problem I have had since I updated to Windows 10.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

OK so you did go to your computer's manufacture's website to download and install all Windows 10 drivers right? If you didn't, Windows 10 can still see your drivers as compliant, yet your computer might still need the updated drivers. What you can also try is resetting KP to default. Just run this program and it will reset all your KP settings to default.

http://www.powerkaraoke.com/download/si ... efault.reg

[Edit] Sorry I posted the wrong link for the reset. I updated the link for Karaoke Pro Reset on Aug 27

Hope this helps
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

After running the script you receive this error message

"Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Doblon\Siglos Karaoke Professional]"

Run the script this way

Please run regedit program (type in regedit in command line), and use File -> Import command to apply the file.

Running the script will reset KP to default so I would suggest you either take screen shots of your settings or write it down so you can put everything back the way you have it now.

Let us know if this cleared up the problem.
h2

Windows 10

Post by h2 »

I tried these instructions but they made no difference. It continues to run as an invisible application. I really thought that the problem was a virtual monitor 2 where it was running, but that does not make any difference either.
lolamike

Still on the waiting list for Windows 10

Post by lolamike »

Am I the only one left without an update to Windows 10? Hope they get to my computer soon.
hornet59

Re: Still on the waiting list for Windows 10

Post by hornet59 »

lolamike wrote:Am I the only one left without an update to Windows 10? Hope they get to my computer soon.
Use this address to Windows 10 FAQs

http:(slash)(slash)windows(dot)microsoft(dot)com/en-us/windows-10/upgrade(dash)to(dash)windows-10-faq

Go check it out. Insert slashes where I have (slash) and periods where I have (dot) and dashes where I have (dash)

Hope this helps
Last edited by hornet59 on Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

i upgraded 8 to 10 and it has become painfully slow to do anything. not sure what happened but did not have a good experience. 8 was even slowe rthan 7 on my systems....to the point i was wishing for vista :shock: