SKP slow with average rotations

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

Paradigm Karaoke

SKP slow with average rotations

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

i have noticed, more so recently, that SKP is fine with small rotations <15 singers. but running a normal night with 30+ singers and it gets painfully slow. add a singer... screen pops up instantly, searching for a singer takes a few seconds, but no more than with a small rotation. the problem comes when i click "add and ***". it will take almost 10 seconds to get the singer added and go back to a state that the meter is moving with the music again and i can click on something again. moving a song or singer, removing a song or singer also takes the same ammount of time. at the end of the night as i delete singers in the final round and the list gets smaller the speed returns to normal with only about 3-4 seconds to add a singer after clicking "add and ***".

watched on windows resource monitor and there is no excessive ram usage (<2GB used at most with 4GB installed) there are regular spikes in CPU usage during a karaoke song (CDG, >90% momentarily) but not during fill in (stays <30% until starting another karaoke song).

PC:
dual dore 2.3Ghz intel
4GB DDR3
K-Lite codec basic installed and set as default codec

background image, gradient, or no change (whatever is on the CDG itself) makes no change in this.

simple to replicate, add 30 singers with at least 1 song each. use external screen (not sure if it matters, but just to keep it like my set-up during this problem)start the first song, then go to add a new singer. add a new singer OR add a song to an existing singer, the click "Add And Close". this will let you see exactly how long it is taking to return to a usable state.
Paradigm Karaoke

just me?
Paradigm Karaoke

apparently it is... :(
Disko King

Post by Disko King »

in order to prevent this, I usually hit "news session" before starting the karaoke session. Works!
Paradigm Karaoke

i always hit new session, i like it to reset the "already sang" blue text in the add song dialog.
thanks for responding though.
jhakala1963

slow skp

Post by jhakala1963 »

I had this problem with my old laptop. It had 4g ram too. I used a thumb drive and memoryboost on it to speed things up. Might be worth a try. That only works for vista and up.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Adam or Piotr, has this problem been addressed? Nothing like having slow responses from your hosting program during a busy night.
Paradigm Karaoke

have you gotten this too Hornet?
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

I think we all have it but it is getting to be normal to not get a reply or to let us know what it going on. They use to be so good at this and getting right on issues that were common with every one. I have noticed a few back ground programs running that slowed me way down so I have shut them off. That has helped but I have had the program running much faster on my old XP computer so something is not quite right.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:have you gotten this too Hornet?
Yes Paradigm, I have definitely noticed the lag. Hopefully it can be corrected easily.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Adam or Piotr

Will this problem be addressed in the upcoming fix? I hope so because this lag is really annoying and it slows down adding songs into the rotation
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Here is the latest build that you may want to try:

http://www.powerkaraoke.com/download/20 ... -setup.exe

It fixes some problems with rotation management and ZIP file handling, but might help with what you are experiencing as well.
Paradigm Karaoke

Thanks Piotr, the zip file problem is totally gone now, and the wait for singer is showing no problems either.
the lag is still the same as before though.
i first noticed it when the "show ends" time was introduced. as more songs are entered, it is recalculating the time for every song in the list to get the next up time for each song and the total time for the end of the show. when there are 30+ singers and 50+ songs, that ends up taking a lot of time to calculate that. if one song takes a fifth of a second to read and display the time, then 50 songs will take nearly 10 seconds to do those calculations and there is our lag. the same thing happens when moving a singer down one (recalculating the next up time for every song again) and when switching the order of a persons songs (same recalculation) or removing a person or one of their songs (again, same recalculation of every song in the list).
now i by no means claim to know how to address this, but i don't know if the song times are in the .db file or if it is reading from the mp3 each time, or if it is the exactness of the time (in the "estimated waiting time it shows by the second countdown so maybe rounded to the closest minute would speed things up) or maybe not, but here are my ideas FWIW.
gjjolly

Post by gjjolly »

Version 2.0.31

......................NOT FIXED....................

** Clicking [wait for songs] on any singer with no songs and it becomes

the current singer. {This was also like this in 2.0.27 and 2.0.24}

** If [wait for songs] is checked and you enable a singer that has no

songs and was previously disabled then that song becomes the current singer.

===============================================

....................THIS ONE IS FIXED.................

Wait for songs checked add 5 songs 1st and last singers have songs, others have none. Start first singer and before song ends click
'Go To Next', [Singer queue empty] pops up continue with default selection, 2nd singer is skipped and 3th singer turns red now the problem is when you attempt to add a song to 3th singer, program skips 3th and 4th singers and makes #5 singer current singer.
kjben

SKP Slow Rotation Paradigm Karaoke

Post by kjben »

Hello Paradigm Karaoke,
I too have the same issue even with the new .31 build.
I was browsing the issues under Bugs and saw your post.
You mentioned K-Lite codec basic installed and set as default codec.
I have no idea what that is...maybe it could help my issues. Would you be so kind as to explain this to me. Where do I get it...what does it do...

Thanks in Advance,
KJBen