singer history

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

chrism1

singer history

Post by chrism1 »

Is there a way to export , then print an individual's song history....especially in a way that is easy to print ?
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

You need click 'Export History' in 'Add Singer' dialog box, then select 'Singer name (without venue)' in 'Search mode'. When the list contains items you need, choose 'CSV' as an output format and click 'Export'. Created file can be opened in Excel or any other spreadsheet program.
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

piotr is there anyway to also add the key up or down to this export history? I use the export all the time then go back and create a history for regular singers when every I do a data base update but have to go through and add the key changes manually and I have to keep the old data base to look up the key changes on one computer while doing the up date on another would be nice if the key change was exported with the history.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

It might be possible -- I have added this to list of things to add.
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

Thanks piotr you guys rock.
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

Dana, what do you mean you have to reload when you update the database?
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

I have a large number of songs that have been named improperly. and every now and then I'll find a song the just won't play and it causes issues with the program and it will shut down or lock up I am work at renaming these songs and eliminating the ones I have loaded onto my lap top and also getting them to the external hard drive. when I get a number of these moved or renamed I want to update my data base so that it reflects what I have now not what I had last year. When I do this I want to keep the history of a few of my regular singers, including myself would be nice if I could just type my history into add singer and have everything in hard print not have to go to each song in the history on another computer to see the key change. I also like to print out my history when i am traveling to some where else to be a singer. I have my songs in front of me and would like to have the key I sing that song in. and the history changes as I add newer songs that I do.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

We are working on 'live' database update -- you will be able to define the folder your songs are in, and Siglos would watch this folder for changes without a need of user intervention.

At the moment you can use 'Validate songs' in 'Manage song database' to remove non-existent files without reimporting.
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

after over 3 years using this product I am still learning more and more how good it is and things that it can do that I was not aware of. I will have to give this a try.
Also with what you are working on will it have the ability to copy and paste directly from that folder to excel or word type program? Always looking forward to the new improvements you guy make. Thanks for the great work.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

In the current version you may export in CSV format, which should load into Excel without problems.
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

yes I do this now that is how I keep a written copy of what I sing it dose take a little editing but it works well. have the key change included at the beginning or end of each song would be a big help. Thanks for all that you do.
Paradigm Karaoke

Piotr wrote: At the moment you can use 'Validate songs' in 'Manage song database' to remove non-existent files without reimporting.
but since the files are named different (Dana fixed misnamed files) they would still be given a new id number so they will not be in the singers history.
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

thus the problem and once I get a number of these I create a new data base and have to type in the history of some singers that I have saved on another computer. It is a lot of work but it keeps me out of trouble lol
Paradigm Karaoke

in the mean time try this. instead of renaming the file itself, use the edit feature in Siglos and just change the name in the database. this way the id numbers never change, and the edit takes effect immediately. plus you can do it on the fly when you see it instead of waiting till you get home.
or, if you are using MP3, just edit the MOP3 tag and leave the file name alone. Siglos looks at the filename for where the file is, but can read the information from the tag to display in the database.
i use WAV files so i just edit it in the edit database menu, but the new update has that button in the add singer menu so you can edit it immediately before adding the singer.
1hotjob

Adding new songs - rebuilding database

Post by 1hotjob »

Piotr wrote:At the moment you can use 'Validate songs' in 'Manage song database' to remove non-existent files without reimporting.
I went through the same thing when I would add new songs. I would completely redo the database and lose all singer history. Then I learned to "add new songs" and then "validate" to delete non existent songs from the database.