data base (singer history)

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

buttonsdad

Singer History

Post by buttonsdad »

My singer history has singers with multiple variations of their name like Jim, Jimmy and jimmy (lower case ‘J’ created a new singer). This happens when different operators run the system and don’t check the history before entering a singer.

I exported the singer history and opened it in Excel, then consolidated the variations under a single name along with their songs. Now I want to import the cleaned up history back into the database without having to re-type the names and associate them with their songs.

Can it be done?
adam

Post by adam »

I'm sorry, but it is not possible in the current version of the program.
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

Adam pass this along as something that would be a nice add on. Some way to edit, combine, the same singers history when entered under a different spelling is used. Drag and Drop again would work wonderfully.
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

We are working on drag&drop. It will not be ready in the next version, but it definitely is coming.
1hotjob

limit on displaying singers list

Post by 1hotjob »

When I am trying to bring up a singer on the add singer page in the very top right window, not all singers show up. I am not sure how many are displayed, but it does create a problem.

Last night any singer with the letter M-Z wouldn't appear. That meant I couldn't select from their song history.

I started deleting duets and other singers that weren't steady regulars and the people with the letter M started showing up.

Is there a way to change that window so that more singers will show up?

I know we need to do some maintenance on it ourselves, but with a large venue and a lot of singers, this would really help.
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

piotr the drag and drop will be a very welcomed addition. Will we be able to drag from this program and add it to word or excel or other programs?
Jemshope

Post by Jemshope »

I may leave them as they are. Most people don't care what version the song is. The ones that do, I usually copy that song into my main folder and only use that version. I have all songs sorted by company, but only scan the A-Z folders I have created. The A-Z folders have a mixture of all companies. That way I will only get one version of the song when I search for it and I know it is the one I want.
dog hair dryer
Piotr
Admin

Post by Piotr »

Dana48457 wrote:piotr the drag and drop will be a very welcomed addition. Will we be able to drag from this program and add it to word or excel or other programs?
You will be able to create rotation by dragging and dropping songs to singers.