Siglos 1.2.102

Get help with the bugs you encounter in our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

walked

Siglos 1.2.102

Post by walked »

Settings, KJ, Scrolling message speed increase/decrease does not work. Also Number of Singers increase/decrease does not work.

Settings, display, Slideshow, slide duration does not affect the time that the current image is shown. The slides change on every singer regardless of the duration setting. I set it at 5999 but the images changed on every singer. Could they be linked to the start song button and not check the duration setting?
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

odd, i have not had these issues at all. has this only started since you upgraded to the new version? previous versions worked ok?
Dana48457

Post by Dana48457 »

I ran 102 this last weekend all night without any issues except when I started the program. When I first started it the volume slider bar was down to 18%. This was the first time i started the program after down loading it. After making the adj on it I had no other issues. and when I restarted it it was right where it was when I shut it down.
walked

Post by walked »

They did not work on 1.2.100, 1.2.101 and 1.2.102. You can manually type in the fields but the up/down buttons do not increase or decrease. Not a show stopper by any means but do need them to work as expected. I do believe Piotr is aware of the issue. Are you saying you can increment number of singers with the up arrow on the field and your slides do not change on every singer?
Paradigm Karaoke

my background images change in the allotted time i set, 20 seconds, with no problems.
walked

Post by walked »

I only want mine to change at about 10 minutes and I am pretty sure that if you set yours to 300 seconds they will change every time you change singers.
hornet59

Re: Siglos 1.2.102

Post by hornet59 »

walked wrote:Settings, KJ, Scrolling message speed increase/decrease does not work. Also Number of Singers increase/decrease does not work.
My scrolling speed works perfectly. My number of singers displayed in the scrolling message works fine also. I'm not sure if you're referring to the up/down arrow, but that feature doesn't work for me. In fact, I don't think it has ever worked, but it was such a small issue that I didn't mention it. I've always had to change it by inserting a number manually and not use the up/down arrow.
walked wrote:Settings, display, Slideshow, slide duration does not affect the time that the current image is shown. The slides change on every singer regardless of the duration setting. I set it at 5999 but the images changed on every singer. Could they be linked to the start song button and not check the duration setting?
To my knowledge this is how it supposed to work. I'm almost positive it is linked to the start song button. The duration setting is to set how long each image will be displayed before it changes to the next image in the "song that is being played". Once you start a new song the images restarts with a new picture.
walked

Post by walked »

I would rather have it not change slides until the timer expired. Why would you want to change the background image during a song? At 20 seconds you are changing 9 slides in a 3 minute song. Background colors would change and could conflict with the color of the words on the screen unless you used all the same color slides. Slide duration is settable well above the length of a song (9999) approximately 2 hours 45 minutes.

I don't have a problem with it changing for every singer. I thought the slide duration could be settable at 600 seconds changing slides every 10 Minutes, maybe better documentation for this function and a upper limit 180 or so.
Paradigm Karaoke

i use pictures from the previous week of the singers, they love to look for themselves and point out the goofy pics of their friends to everyone. if a color conflicts, i know it will be gone in 20 seconds (not that i have really had a problem with that) if it conflicts on 1 per song, i would have to restart the song to get a different picture.
walked

Post by walked »

That is a great idea, how do you categorize them or do you randomize the clips? What kind of camera do you use to capture the clips?
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

Go to settings and click on display. In the middle of the display settings is a box titled background. On the right part of the display area click on add, then just navigate to the folder that you have pictures in it and add the pictures. Don't forget to select slideshow. Set the slide duration to whatever time you want "each slide" to be displayed. You can also check the random order box if you want Karaoke Pro to randomly display your pictures or you can leave it unchecked and your pictures will be displayed in the order that you have it.

As far as what type of camera, it doesn't matter as long as the pictures are digital.
Paradigm Karaoke

exactly. i take the pics during the week. over the "weekend" i use http://www.faststone.org/FSResizerDetail.htm to batch convert them to a smaller size, between 70K and 100K like the default Siglos images are. then i put them all in 1 folder (for my purposes, "Robert Emmets Pics") and do what Hornet said to put them in. i check the random order box so every singer it shows the different pics in different orders.
walked

Post by walked »

List of bugs found :arrow: because I want Siglos to be the best.

Settings, KJ, Scrolling message speed increase/decrease does not work.
Settings, Singers increase/decrease does not work.

Settings, Display, If camera is selected and no camera is present you cannot uncheck camera or select slideshow. The result is the cdg pages stack on top of each other and playback is slow. Music seems to play OK but slides are scrambled. Suggest make the camera selection available only if camera is present, if not(camera) slideshow is selected on startup.
hornet59

Post by hornet59 »

walked wrote:List of bugs found :arrow: because I want Siglos to be the best.

Settings, KJ, Scrolling message speed increase/decrease does not work.
Settings, Singers increase/decrease does not work.
My scrolling speed works as advertised. When I had it set to 10 it slowed way down. When I reset it to 50 , the scrolling message picked up the pace like it supposed to. As far as the Singer's increase/decrease not working, do you mean the up/down arrow? If this is what you're talking about, as I stated earlier in this post, the up/down arrow hasn't worked for a while now. I didn't bring up this problem because I thought Piotr and Adam had bigger problems to tend to, but since they might come out with a major upgrade maybe they can take a look at this.
walked wrote:Settings, Display, If camera is selected and no camera is present you cannot uncheck camera or select slideshow. The result is the cdg pages stack on top of each other and playback is slow. Music seems to play OK but slides are scrambled. Suggest make the camera selection available only if camera is present, if not(camera) slideshow is selected on startup.
As far as the camera problem goes, my laptop has a built in camera so it is loaded at startup. Can someone help walked out and check to see if you have the same problem?
walked

Post by walked »

That is the second time you misread my post. I stated clearly the increase/decrease did not work on either the number of singers and the scroll speed. I really think you are trying to help, are you an occasional user of Siglos or do you use it for hosting?