Ripping cd+g's

This is the place for general discussion about our software

Moderators: adam, admin, Piotr

casabon

Ripping cd+g's

Post by casabon »

How can I rip a cd+g and get it to show the name of the song and also the mfg number? All it shows is track 1, track 2 ect. I use power karaoke.
adam

Post by adam »

Please make sure you have FreeDB name lookup enabled in the Settings dialog box of Power CD+G Burner.
casabon

Ripping cd+g's

Post by casabon »

Thanks for the reply. The freedb.org suggestion worked for ripping about thirty disks. Then a week later I went to rip more and it does not work. I made sure the freedb.org was checked but with no results. Any suggestions on your side?
adam

Post by adam »

It may be the discs in question do not have their entries in the freedb database. Did you try to re-rip the discs that worked before?
casabon

Ripping cd+g's

Post by casabon »

I guess your right. I tried other disc and it read them. Even though there chart busters disc they must not be in data base. Thanks for the reply.
adam

Post by adam »

You may try to change the freedb server. For example try using tracktype.org.
casabon

Getting disc date

Post by casabon »

Ok I have tried all suggestions and there are a few disc I can't get data from. do you have any ideas that can help me. Other than type out all data I don't see any options. Let me know what you can suggest.

Gene
adam

Post by adam »

I'm sorry, but if there are no entries for the discs in the FreeDB, typing in the info is the only option.